For everyday research, I generally skim through the top articles that may come up on Google since they are not of the highest importance, however I do try to be a little selective and make sure that they are not mock articles and can be a little reliable. If the article comes from a source that I have heard of before and has a good reputation, that may be the one that I will more than likely read. For movies I may use IMDb.com, for recipes food.com or allrecipes.com unless I see another article that catches my attention, national news articles can vary since there are several sources that I trust like The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Huffington Post , and The New York Times to name a few, for celebrity gossip my main source has been TMZ since they are generally the first source to break news but from time to time I may go to other sites like E! News or ET.
I'm not sure what people did before smartphones! I feel little to no need to get on my computer for everyday research or hit a magazine stand, book store or library anymore. The neatest part of all is that most of these websites/companies also have applications for your phone so you will never have to search Google (or whatever other search engine you prefer) again! I, personally, don't like to take up the memory space on my phone with applications so I don't download them and I know that if I 'Google it' I may get more than one article and that other articles may have additional information.
No comments:
Post a Comment