Saturday, March 11, 2017

My Relationship With Literature

     I used to think that my relationship with Literature was a simple one. Since I was little I've always loved pens and pencils and I loved writing on everything I could put my hands on. Not too much later, as a school aged child, I found out that I actually enjoy reading. It came to me while in elementary school when the book fairs would come and I would end up buying all the latest "Baby-Sitters Club" and "Goosebumps" books and I got through them rather quickly. As I grew up, the type of books that I read became more advanced and sometimes difficult to read but I always loved the challenge! I typically loved the fact that the more I read, the more I learned. One of the things that I picked up from reading was the different styles and types of writings. I've always been particularly more interested in chapter books that tell stories or autobiographies of interesting individuals; from time to time I like to pick up self help books and spiritual guides. With that being said, since I loved literature, school literary assignments tended to be simpler for me. I even enjoyed most of them! That is, until recently when I had to write an annotated bibliography; that is something I had never done before and quite certainly the most different type of writing I've had to do. Still, I love literature, and I will continue to... even though I've realized that I'm not 100% literate.

No comments:

Post a Comment