Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Blog Assignment 6: The Sentinel
Although there are different categories in the Sentinel, I mostly focused on reading the News section. I wanted to see what KSU students consider News worthy and also get a feel of what the News on Campus is since I'm an online student. From reading the headlines of some of the articles I got the feeling that the students at KSU are very focused on what is going on within the school, what affects the school directly and its students. Kennesaw State University is a community of its own. Headlines not only showed concern for safety of the students at KSU but also sympathy toward the staff and pride in its security. For example, one article about a man that walked into the military recruiting office across from KSU warned students about the potential danger of this individual and at the same time consoled the students by letting them know that the incident had already been reported to the police. There was also an article about a professor that passed away, the article was heartwarming and emotional and showed how the passing of the professor has affected staff and students alike. Among the articles, I felt a sense of pride when I read the one about KSU police being among the first of the first responders to show up at a deadly plane crash. The article started out describing the sense of urgency KSU police felt to respond when they witnessed what was happening that they wasted no time to make their way to the scene of the accident. All in all, KSU (as I stated before) is a community all of its own, that looks out for its students and staff and that has the interests and safety of those on campus (and off) always in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love that you provided an outside opinion of campus life because it is sometimes hard to focus on what may be more important to read or what is more informative since there always seems to be so much going on at one time. I do love that it feels like its own little community as you pointed out!
ReplyDelete